Saturday, November 1, 2014

Shackled

I was shackled to my hurt and all my tears
Forced to reconcile all my hope and all my fears
The key to salvation lay at my unshoed feet
My arms outstretched, yet I could not seem to reach


My happiness was bound to sorrow and regret
I crawled and cried to those who seemed not to relent
The chance to fix it all appeared a bleak and hopeless task
For like myself, my captor wore nothing but a mask


Hurdles lay before me, like bones left of the dead
Inching forward on hands and knees, crawling to be fed
The blood lay cold. Pooled. Nothing. Stagnant ponds.
Black and thick, the evidence of players and of pawns


I was shackled to my hurt and to all of my tears
I reconciled my ignorance with all of my fears
The key to my salvation lay at my sawed off feet
My arms outstretched, yet they still could not be reached




No comments:

Post a Comment