Monday, November 24, 2014

Release - Truth II

She spoke without a trace of regret
With a back upright and strong
Staring straight ahead
Without any contempt or scorn

Her lips were slightly upturned
In neither a smirk nor a smile
Her lips simply fell upwards
As if all had been reconciled

“There’s nothing more you can to do me,
I have truth on my side.”
“It’s not about the truth”, they stated.
“That’s the truth that liars lie.”

“The truth is not a variable,
It’s not something you can squeeze and turn.”
“It’s not about the truth”, they stated.
“That’s how lies are often born.”

Her voice remained a river
In neither a swell nor in a drought
Her voice was clear and crystal
And spoke without any doubt

Her mind was cleared of burden
Like an oxen released from its yoke
Free to roam and seize the day
And decipher the fire from the smoke

“There’s nothing more I need to hear,
I have learned what is true.”
“It’s not about the truth”, they stated.
“That’s what separates me from you.”

“I wish you well, in all you try,
I hope truth will set you free.”
“It’s not about the truth”, they stated.
“That’s what separates you from me.”



No comments:

Post a Comment