Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Hubris


I said goodbye to him
He said
"it's not you, it's me
I am unable to love, 
Believe me.

I would if I could
You’d be perfect for me
This isn't a made up moment
I swear"

"I'm not for you, you deserve so much
I would only hold you back
It's not you, it's me
With deepest sincerity"

He silently told me
To leave him the fuck alone
Pretty pretty please.

He hung his head in mocking sorrow
Which hurt more than his words
A drooping figure
Who acts the part
Like a man shot through the heart
A man who pretends to have a heart

What a wicked way to pretend
He mastered a wicked way to pretend

Dipping his poison pen in a well
He somehow managed to feel and tell
Overcoming his grief that almost did him in
He managed to find a way to begin
Again

With a story that "hurt" his soul to the end
A story that was all pretend

He received all the accolades one can get 
In a place that isn't worth its place in sweat
He reveled in his holy tomb
A place of self-importance
A sorcerer's room

What a wicked wicked way to pretend
When a forger writes of regrets
What a wicked wicked way to be 
When hubris and shame have not yet met 


 傲慢









No comments:

Post a Comment