Sunday, October 12, 2014

Not Guilty

I need no favors, if you care to give
I need no tries
I need nothing explained to me
I can barely look you in the eyes

An omission for the “good” of me
Is the reason you have claimed
An omission is nothing more than a lie
Just wrapped in honey, so you can’t be blamed

Memories show, like moving pictures
Reflected on my face
Trust is shattered, like broken glass
I have been cut by poetry wrapped, in lace

My worn and torn heart was shattered
You were trying to make it whole
Then you chose a different path
Disregarding the friendship of our two souls

You were a rock, a friend of mine
A person unlike anyone
Yet the smoke still lingers in the air
As you hold the smoking gun

“Not guilty” is the plea you chose
As you caused another crack
“Not guilty” to the deception you untold
As I remove the knife from my back



No comments:

Post a Comment